Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hourglass

{An old poem of mine, re-blogged so I have a copy saved. Not sure of the original date. sometime in '08}

Hourglass

When will this pain end
I am my only friend

I cry out and plea
But no one hears me

I'm resigned to my fate
To be patient and wait

How much of my life must I spend
Simply waiting to mend

Though my sins are washed away
My scars still bleed today

Crushed beyond repair
I can hardly tell it's there

My soul shall never be free
Suffocated within me

The chains that bind me here
Are too powerful, I fear

To let me again see
The beauty in me

What more can I give you
What must you see

Before I can have the life
That you promised me

Living so worthless; this is not what you meant
Yet here I still sit; tired and spent

If my future in you has me in wheels
Then put me there and change the gears

I don't know where to go
And I've cried out so long

My ears ache in the silence
Where do I belong

I have waited for guidance
Waited so long

All my decisions now look to be wrong


Please here my cry Lord, Oh in such despair.
I am waiting for your hand, Lord.
Please take me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment