Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Breaking Waves Upon the Shore

09-01-2009


Breaking Waves Upon the Shore


Forgive me O' Lord
For I have forsaken You.

I blamed You for my troubles
And did not thank You for my blessings.

You tried to raise me up like a
father would raise his daughter.

Yet I turned from Your hand with resentment.

My heart has grown cold and bitter
Towards Your love.

Now how can this child honor
the Father she did forsake?

How will my Lord hear my praises to His name?

I pray now to you, Lord
Cleanse my heart of this poison.

Allow me to once more know Your love
So that others will know You from the warmth of my heart.

Use your servant, Lord.

I turned from You in my despair
When my blessings vanished.

Now I am naked. Struck down with nothing.
And now I see Your faithfulness.

Woeful creature, that I am.
That I could not see Your hand was guiding me all along.

You gave me a gift and I rejected You for it.
Tried to lead me with Your hands and I slapped them away.

Wretched pride consumes me. I thought I needed no one.
Yet now I see I am nothing without You.

Let this past fade, though may I always remember the grief I faced,
lest I stray from you again.

I ask you, Lord. Use me for Your works.

Let Your will guide my hand.
As Your hands guide my will.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment